Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2017, 11:57:30 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: You need 250 posts to get into the Members Only Boards!

+  bestparentever.com
|-+  The Troll Room
| |-+  Attention Trolls!
| | |-+  Hello Trolls!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello Trolls!  (Read 3115 times)
>>>>>>
forrest
Crazy Post Whore/Dude

Got thumbs? +512/-10

I'm not being an ass; I'm being realistic!

« on: September 28, 2010, 03:11:33 PM »

and for anyone else who might care...

This is just a friendly reminder to verify that your antivirus/antimalware software is up to date (no more than 3 days since it's last definition updates).  Below is an article from a RSS feed that I thought might be interesting (or be aware just in case).  Zeus trojan/keylogger "package" is very successful because it is actively maintained and updated to be sold on underground forums.  If you do not have an AV software, Microsoft provides a free tool - http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials

Supporting the economy (in Russia and Ukraine)

Published: 2010-09-28,
Last Updated: 2010-09-28 09:38:37 UTC
by Daniel Wesemann (Version: 1)

While the media at large is all agog at Stuxnet, they probably would do better to keep their writers looking at Zeus. Zeus/Zbot must be one of the most successful banking trojans ever. It's been around for three (four?) years, and no doubt has made some of its originators very very rich. McAfee last week published a write-up on the capabilities that come with the recent Zeus Build-kit. Yes, there's an actual application that allows to create custom versions of Zeus. If you're an online banking user who feels safe because your online bank uses one-time passwords, or because it sports one of these cute "on-screen keyboards", think again: Zeus got them all in the bag. Brian Krebs regularly reports about the latest frauds linked to this family of malware. Recently, he wrote about a church that lost 600k$ from their accounts to key-logging malware.

Somehow, it looks like the banks either don't care, or don't grasp the concept of "defense in depth", or both. Here's four simple measures that would make online banking fraud a whole lot harder:

* Changing my email address / mobile phone number on file can only be done by visiting my bank branch in person
* Changing them triggers an email/SMS to the old address
* Adding a new payee that was never before used triggers an email/SMS
* A new payee can only be used for a payment or transfer 7 days after it has been added

There, dear banks: All of this can be implemented basically for free. You can even allow your customers to opt-in voluntarily. You'll be surprised how many of them do so - you know, folks and organizations who actually earn their money the hard way seem to oddly enough care a whole lot about keeping it safe. 

I have no doubts that a new Zeus version would find a way around these measures eventually. But if you don't fight, you already lost. Banks, get off your collective behinds, and evolve, please.
Keywords: fraud keylogger zeus

Kapihopela
Resident Food Snob
Crazy Post Whore/Dude

Got thumbs? +207/-11

For the honour of Grayskull

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 03:17:40 PM »

All I saw as I read that was Charlie Browns teacher going Wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah.  Sorry forrest, that just went all over my head.

Deep down I'm really just a BPE with an appetite for punishment.
forrest
Crazy Post Whore/Dude

Got thumbs? +512/-10

I'm not being an ass; I'm being realistic!

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 03:21:24 PM »

All I saw as I read that was Charlie Browns teacher going Wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah.  Sorry forrest, that just went all over my head.

:rofl:

no prob...I wrote an email and figured might as well paste it here...

unfortunately that's what most people see/hear...

I guess I'm the only one who will be interested in the upcoming war game...

http://www.informationweek.com/news/government/security/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=227500797

Kapihopela
Resident Food Snob
Crazy Post Whore/Dude

Got thumbs? +207/-11

For the honour of Grayskull

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 03:43:36 PM »

Fortunately I've got Colin to deal with all that stuff for me.  It's too bad he has no interest in meeting new people cause I think you two would get along great.  You guys talk the same language lol.

Deep down I'm really just a BPE with an appetite for punishment.
Noodle
I really need a life

Got thumbs? +375/-27

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 07:10:50 AM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, TU.

Thanks for the reminder Forrest.
nomorewirehangers
I really need a life

Got thumbs? +397/-12

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 10:46:45 AM »

thanks for the heads up. I dont' have anything (literally) in my account to steal...but I'm kinda tired of having my identity stolen.  :rofl:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Click here to return to BestParentEver.com